We all want the best deal our hard earned money can buy, that’s also the beauty of free market enterprise, no one is forcing anyone how to spend your money but at the same time you can’t stop people from having different views than yours and especially when said views are not backed up by facts. Like this dude.
I will break it down the points he said and why it’s downright stupid.
1. Overpricing – He argues that people are selling someone that costs P400 for P2,500, or 6x the purchase price. So EXHORBITANT! They are ripping us off! Well then so are beauty products which easily are 10X of the cost to manufacture, charging cables, restaurant food, DVDs, yes even the pirated ones, which the cost to produce is literally in cents. That’s problem when you are ignorant about what overpricing means. You can only claim overpricing when comparing THE EXACT same product, made in the same factory under the exact same costs. I’ll bet this dude doesn’t know that the iPhone is sold at many different prices around the world, with China being in the lowest and countries like Brazil and Turkey paying double in retail for the exactly the same thing. So is this overpricing? Not even, because of a lot of factors which our idiot poster fails to take into account, like taxes, packaging, shipping etc etc
Let’s not get started on cars, overpriced Ang Lamborghini compared to a Corolla. 12X the price, has 2 less doors, sits only 2 people, NO luggage space, gets really bad mileage, super lowered. Pabagsakin Ang overpriced na kotse!!!!
2. Branding – well, isnt that the second most asked question after the price? Branding is and how we differentiate our products and you the consumer knows which products to get. Something with a brand name will always be more expensive than something without, and it’s cost of packaging is just a small part of it. I’m pretty sure he got his bulbs in a plain envelope. Fact of the matter is, packaging is important and customers want the fancier packaging compared to something without, and it has value. Just take toys for example, the beat up vintage box makes the toy more valuable than own without.
3. It all comes from factory in China – What he doesn’t seem to understands that it’s not just one factory or a handful of factories. There are literally tens of thousands of factories in the China all making LED bulbs, and like anything in the world, there are good factories and factories that churn out the cheapest of the cheap. There is a price range for everything and every budget. And he thinks he got the cheapest of the cheap.
4. Warranty purposes – Accessories suppliers and importers have to put them in nicer packaging and sell to other shops and online and yes they offer WARRANTY, which I’m 10000% sure this guy will not get for the price he paid. That’s extra step of branding and packaging is to make sure that if there is a warranty claim, is to identify that it really came from supplier A and not supplier Z. Let’s see who’s laughing after 3 months when his leds stop working and then he stupidly messages that Lazada seller to claim warranty. Offering warranty has costs and that cost translates to a higher price.
4. Direct from factory – Definitely no. He is so proud that he was able to source his direct from the factory at an incredible deal of P30 a bulb. He is very mistaken if he thinks he bought it from the factory itself. He didn’t. He bought it from a reseller. No factory in China will ever serve an order for only 10pcs assorted bulbs, EVER. China factories deal in large volume and by large I mean hundreds of pieces per kind per order.
And if he thinks he got the best deal out there, he’s also an idiot and mistaken
1 minute of googling found prices even lower than his and I’m positive these sellers aren’t even the factory itself with the small minimum quantity needed to order.
So don’t say shit when you don’t know shit, and J’s Hub is shit.